WHAT IS THE WELLNESS COOK?
The Wellness Cook is a business platform created to provide wellness services to individuals, businesses, and communities across the PNW. Individuals have access to telehealth counseling, personalized meal and activity plans and plentiful resources to support a successful wellness journey. Looking to add a corporate wellness component to your business? Inquire about health-focused group presentations, health risk assessments and wellness coaching sessions for your employees. The Wellness Cook prioritizes disease prevention by promoting whole foods, balanced meals and an active lifestyle.
THE WC PHILOSOPHY
I follow an “All Foods Fit™” model in my wellness counseling. Restrictive eating habits can perpetuate a complicated relationship with food. I want to free my clients from the diet-mentality and empower them to make healthful choices while also enjoying luxury foods in moderation. Food is for nourishment, providing our bodies with essential nutrients to function at optimal capacity. We are also connected to food emotionally, and that can get complicated. I want to help my clients develop a healthy relationship with food by learning the difference between physical and emotional hunger and practicing mindfulness.
- B.S. Dietetics and Exercise Science | Iowa State University | 2014
- M.S. Dietetics and Exercise Science | Iowa State University | 2014
- Health Coaching Certificate | American Counsel of Exercise | 2019
- Weight Management Certificate | Commission on Dietetic Registration | 2017
- Graduate Certificate in Dietetics Internship | Iowa State University | 2015
- Licensed Dietitian l Washington Department of Public Health | 2019